Buying presents for the baby is easy and fun, but don’t forget about the mom! Here are a few gifts that every woman can enjoy in her final weeks of pregnancy or early weeks of motherhood.
- Prenatal Massage Towards the end of pregnancy, almost everything is uncomfortable. Muscles get tense and sore. Hands, feet, and legs start to swell. Stress starts to build. Help her relax by giving her the wonderful gift of a massage!
- Pedicure Let’s be honest. As that belly continues to grow, it becomes harder and harder to see, let alone reach, your feet. She will appreciate the chance to put her feet up and get pampered!
- Photography Every new mother tries her best to capture the first weeks of her baby’s life. Give her the gift of a professional photo shoot! Whether it is a maternity session, a newborn session, or a family shoot, she will cherish those pictures for years to come.
- Clothes A gift certificate for clothing will never go unused! Whether it is maternity clothes, nursing bras, or a pair of pants to fit the new curves of the postpartum body, every mother can use a few new clothing items. She may not want to splurge on new clothes for herself, but she will appreciate you giving her the opportunity to do so!
- Food A frozen casserole or hot meal is not just only a welcomed gesture in the first weeks after birth, but in pregnancy and the months that follow birth as well! Show her you are thinking of her, and give her a much needed break from cooking. I assure you, it will be time and money well spent!
- Postpartum Doula What new mother wouldn’t appreciate unbiased, nonjudgmental support in the postpartum weeks. Someone to help her keep the house running smoothly while she relaxes and enjoys her new baby? Someone to care for the baby so she can shower, sleep, and feel like herself again? Someone to answer her questions and give her options, all the while trusting her instincts and supporting her decisions? Yes, please!!
The best thing about all of these gifts is that they can be found everywhere, from small towns to big cities, and the pregnant or new mother in your life will be grateful that you were thinking of her and not just the little one!